Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Amber this one is for you!

One of mine and Amber Pitt's favorite things to do is to get together and think of ideas. These ideas are anything from what and how to organize things, what goals we should have and how to reach them, & my favorite is when we think of ways on how to keep our houses clean and organized, but more times than not both our houses are a mess, sorry to drag you down with me Amber, but its true on both our parts.... I like to chalk it up as to one more thing we have in common, ha ha ha! Anyway our most recent idea was how to have our kids help and have a daily chore. Being our kids are only 4 and 2 years old we needed something fun and not to hard. So here is what I came up with....

Each side of the jar has their name and the other half of velcro. Inside are some chores with the other side of velco glued on the back of each one, and each day they get to pick one to do. These are just extra, everyday they have to help me clean their rooms and loft before bed. This was just a way to make having chores fun because they change every day. Also they can't get mad if they don't like the task because they picked it... better luck tomorrow.

Some of the chores that are in the jar are: to dust the stairs, empty the dishwasher ( the silverwear and the plastic bowls & plates), to clean up their books in the loft, help fold the laundry ( towels), put all the shoes in the shoe basket, put the pillows on the couch, wipe the bathroom counters down, wipe down their play kitchen set, and to clean up their coloring books and papers.

After each kid pulls out a job they put what it is on their side of the jar, that way they can remember to do it.

5 comments:

Amber said...

LOVE IT! You amaze me. I was so glad to see you. I can't get over how cute your baby was...but then again...there's something about your best friend having a baby. You just love them so much more because of the bond we have. I really really miss you. We definitely have to be better about talking on the phone and communicating. We haven't had an outlet or someone to vent to for the last few months...and look where that got us. I figure...if we check up on each other every other day and complain a little each time we won't get too down and we'll feel a little better. I keep telling Chad two things. One, how cute June is. Two, there's just something about our friendship that no one else could ever fill. We know how to vent to each other and agree with each other but some how we lift the other person up at the same time. That's true friendship!

The Mcclellan's said...

I am so impressed, where did you find the time to do this. I might have to borrow that idea. How are you feeling. I am still worn out. I hope I get some sleep sooner than later. When are you going back to work.

Jody and Jake Moore said...

Jillonnie - I love your blog! You are so creative and your kids are adorable. Little June is SO sweet! I hope you are adjusting well! See you soon!
- Jody Moore

Jillyboo said...

Jillonnie-
I just wanted to stop by and look in. When my kids watch their "quiet show" before bed I tend to disappear behind my laptop and look at blogs.
Your kids are all so, so cute. And I love that they all made it through an Angels game.... Im not sure my 2 year old would have been able to do that.
And I am going to need to steal your cute jar idea. I love it and its also so pleasing to the eye. I just made behavior charts for my kids tonight... to be frank they look horrendous. These are a way better way to go.

THE GARN FAMILY said...

So cute, love the idea!
I need to do that.
Your kids are adorable, I love all the pictures!