Monday, April 6, 2009

Open House ( on the farm!)

Shelby's kindergarten class had their open house last week. The theme was "on the farm." It was fun to watch her show us all her work, she was so thrilled that her dad was there to see her class room ( I'm not that exciting to show around because I am in her class room every Thursday.) This is Shelby with her teacher, she is such a wonderful teacher we love her so much, and there is a good chance that Shelby will have her again next year... no she is not staying back in kindergarten, her teacher is moving to first grade!

Shelby as a chicken.

This is Shelby's friend Izak, how cute are they together?

On the farm there are chickens, her class had three baby chicks over the last week. All the kids loved them and got to hold them through out the day, I hate birds, chicks, ducks, anything with feather, but the baby chicks were pretty cute. Shelby wanted me to hold it, I took a deep breath and did it. I'm not kidding it is a real fear, my heart was pounding so hard, but I did it. River loved holding the chick so much he did not want to share it with any of the other kids, actually the next day I helped in the class for the Easter party and he sat and held this chick forever.

Oh holy crap... I'm holding a bird!!! This was a first and last, their feet, beaks, feathers, the whole thing, freak me out!

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Love Shelby's face, she was so scared for you!
Way to conquer your fear!

Cathy said...

I can't believe you held a bird! That's a huge step! What a cute open house.

The Hardin Family said...

Jillonnie WOW!! very proud of you. some people might think you are joking but thats a big step for you way to go!!!

The Mcclellan's said...

I cant believe you held that did you go rite over and wash your hands and freak out. Your funny. I love the plants by the way and the sushi outing, is she really sick if so that is hilarious. It was so much fun yesterday thanks.

RegaNater said...

Hey! How are you? Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how much they are growing up.