Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Garden


I started a garden!!! And yes I know I look totally stupid with the big hat on but I did decide to plant this afternoon in 96 degree weather. I am totally excited about what I will be growing, and if all goes well, I am excited about what we will be eating. This garden was fun to plan, build, and plant, although there were times it was a little emotional because it reminded me of my dad. He had a green thumb and his gardens were amazing.


I made three boxes, two 4x4 and one 2x2. The 2x2 was made just for herbs and the 4x4's have a little bit of everything.

This garden has watermelon, I started from seed so you can't see it yet, roma tomato, jalapeno, hierloom tomato, red onion, chives, marigolds, sunflowers, yellow squash, rosemary, bush style green beans, & gerber daises. The other garden has cucumber, cantaloupe, beef steak tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, marigolds, pole green beans, sunflowers, & gerber daises. And the herb garden has basil, cilantro, parsley, and thyme.

9 comments:

Autumn said...

Very impressive! Love June's dress too!
Yes Dad did have amazing gardens and he would be proud! I do one day want to plant one when I get a backyard!

Erin said...

I started a garden too... I'm having a hard time though, because of the cold Virginia weather!

Jody and Jake Moore said...

How can any woman keep up with you! You are amazing!

Kami said...

Looks good I saw Shantil's too. Anyhow it has motivated me to get on the ball as I promised Kai we would have a garden! Well I know who to ask for some tips! Oh, by the way email me your email address so I can invite you...again...to my blog...also I was wondering if you might have the time that I could pay you to make a newborn head band for my new niece I am going up to see later next week. She is going to be getting blessed....so it would be a white one. Let me know. Thanks and hope to see you sooner then later!

Kami said...

my email is gkrfam@hotmail.com

annie said...

Go girl! That looks amazing! and like a lot of hard work! Beautiful!

The Mcclellan's said...

Looks great. Can you come do that for me.

Beth said...

you are my hero! i would LOVE to have a garden but know nothing about it. how nice will that be to have fresh produce in your backyard? love the hat:)

tracie said...

Love your garden. Hey sorry it took me so long to get you my blog address. therockstarruffners.blogspot.com
This is Tracie Ruffner by the way.