Friday, January 23, 2009

Walking in the Rain

Shelby and River think it is so fun to go outside in the rain. Usually I don't allow them to play outside while it is raining, mostly because they get sick so often, but today it was not too cold out so we went for a walk. They thought it was so much fun carrying their own umbrellas and skipping down the street in the rain. I forget sometimes that the simple things, like playing in the rain, brings them so much joy. Just one more thing for me to learn from my kids. I thought I was supposed to be teaching them but they prove over and over I have so much to learn. I love having kids, they make me such a better person, most days anyway.



6 comments:

Cathy said...

How much fun! I should do that with Abby, she would love it!

Autumn said...

Wow, that picture of Shelby looks just like you, cute!
Love the drapes too, amazing what you think of, are you sure we are related, ha! ha!

Mandy said...

Wow, river really looks like you! Even his profile! He's so cute. They all are.

Beth said...

i love your thought provoking posts. i feel the same as you do so many times.

would love to see you next time i'm in your direction. how far are you from newport?

sbagley said...

Love the pictures. Your kids are beautiful!!!

Kami said...

Lucky for you your kids did not get muddy! My kids do the same and end up covered in mud, what is that about?