Thursday, January 15, 2009

Project #2

I love January. I always feel inspired to organize my house and make things better than before. I get extra "crafty" this time of year because I have no projects I have to get done for the holidays and usually I don't have much I have to do for others. I know how selfish of me to love the time of year I only do things for myself! Anyway I have been making a list of things I have wanted to re due around my house and I'm doing them, finally! So project #2 was to make my plain curtains that hang in my family room look better. I started with plain tan curtains I got at Ikea some time ago. I would have really liked to just buy new ones that I liked (Target has a ton of really cute ones for a okay price) the problem is I need them 96" long and most places have 84", or something like that. I know the longer ones are out there but I am also, what I like to call "thrifty", others may call cheap and I don't want to spend 80-some dollars on each panel. So here is what I did: I started with these...

Then I got some cute material and sewed it right to the right side of the panel. I also added some brown pipping to make it look not so "homemade."

I also added the same color brown bias tape at the bottom to finish it instead of a seam.

And here is the end result... cute "custom" curtains for really cheap! I also like that they are not all print, I think having only the bottom 1/4 of them printed makes them not to busy. I also want to state that I'm not posting my project for the "look how great I am" result. I am posting them in case you want to do it yourself and posting them makes me not only finish what I started but it gets me excited for what to do next.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Love, love, love the curtains. They turned out perfect. As does everything else you lay your hands on. Now what can I go on and on about on your blog. Oh...laundry!

THE GARN FAMILY said...

You are amazing! Both projects turned out great! Love them both.

Kami said...

Ok, love the home project updates you are way talented! Is there anything you don't do? Hey send me your email address so I can give you permission to view my blog. See ya soon!

sbagley said...

SO CUTE!!! I wish I had your talent.

The Mcclellan's said...

I love the curtains you did a great job.

Kristin said...

I need you!!! I am going through apartment blahs. Help! Love the curtains :)