Monday, November 24, 2008

Getting into the Christmas spirit

This is one of those post that is more for me than anyone reading, but hopefully it helps bring back the spirit of Christmas to anyone who made need it. (I'm not too sure if that made sense but hopefully you understood what I meant.) So today I was in the car and I was listening to Christmas music, I know what you're thinking: too soon, right? Anyway the song " O Holy Night" started to play and I really listened to the words and re-fell in love with this song. My reason for this blog is to tell everyone, including myself, that this year is the year to get into the Christmas spirit. I don't mean Santa Clause and presents, although that is a huge part and a part I love. I mean the "true" part of Christmas, the spirit of giving and kindness, the story of Christ being born, that is the meaning and the most important part of the holiday season. I know so many people who are having a hard time right now. This past year has been hard both with finances and emotionally for so many of us. Still there is a lot to be thankful for and a good time to be had this season. Back to my start of this blog... the song, O Holy Night. "O holy night! The stars are brightly shining, It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth. Long lay the world in sin and error pining. Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth... Fall on your knees! Oh hear the angel voices! O night divine, the night when Christ was born... The King of Kings lay thus lowly manger; In all our trials born to be our friends. He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger... Truly He taught us to love one another, His law is love and His gospel is peace... With all our hearts we praise His holy name." Read these words and take them to heart please. I know with out a doubt that Christ was born, and He knows are needs, even the needs we don't realize we may need! During this hard time remember each other, be kind, be a friend, even to strangers, and follow what Christ taught, and love one another. This time in so many of our lives might be the hardest but it, in a very humbling way, might soften our hearts and clear our minds to what is important in this life, and this hard time might turn into the very best time. I look forward to this holiday season and the ups and the downs that will come with it.

2 comments:

Beth said...

i love this post. so true. thanks for sharing.

Allen Family said...

Thanks for posting this. I too love the Santa part of Christmas, especially with having my own little ones now but the holiday is so much more meaningful when you remember the true "reason for the season."